Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Openning Post

This is the first post of our blog. I am not sure how frequently I will update it. I hope to be pretty diligent but, we will have to see.

Right now Justin and I are preparing for our first Christmas together in our first house. We decided to only do stockings this year and no presents. Actually, we are "giving" each other the gift of a wider driveway. Nothing says lets celebrate the birth of Christ than concrete. Hey, when you have a new house you have to spend your money wisely.

I started to wrap the presents for our family last night but, I couldn't find the scissors!!!! Seriously, how is it that I can find 8 rolls of tape and not one single pair of scissors. I have to make a stop by the store on the way home tonight. After I get all the presents wrapped I will post a picture of our tree. It may not be the most decorated but, I love it.

And, while we are the subject of Christmas many of you might be wondering where your Christmas Card is. Well, I am not doing them this year. I started with wanting to do a photo card of Justin, myself, Rosie and Daisy. So, I had the great idea of taking a picture while we were down in College Station for the Tech game. I even had Drew (my brother-in-law) bringing a good digital camera to capture the shot. Well, after the canopy fiasco (don't ask) and A&M losing to Tech, Justin was not in the mood for pictures. So, last week I convinced Justin to try and take the picture ourselves in front of our Christmas Tree. That didn't work because, the girls (mainly Rosie) wouldn't cooperate. You see, usually the only time I get in the floor with them and put them in my lap is to brush their teeth and clean their ears. So, Rosie thought I was going to torture her not take her picture. So, no happy family pictures. I did buy regular Christmas Cards but, it is not the same. So, call me Scrooge but no Christmas Cards this year.

BUT, let me say I have loved getting everyone cards. Especially the ones with the kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment