Friday, November 20, 2009

Crazy Mom

Today I had my first crazy mom moment. For about a week and a half Em has been spitting up after eating. Yes, I know that every baby spits up but, this was a large amount. And she would be fussy while she was being burped. So, I made an appointment to see the doctor. The doctor told me this was not a crazy mom appointment and that I was behind schedule for my crazy mom appointment. He made me feel so much better.

Good news is she is not losing weight. In fact she is gaining weight. She weighed 11 lbs 4 oz. So since her 2 week appointment she has gained approximately 1.4 oz per day. The average baby gains about 1 oz per day.

The doctor said she looked really good and thinks that we might be experiencing some colic. He said we should expect to see this go away by the time she is 2 months; both the fussiness and the spitting up. In the meantime he prescribed baby Zantec. Hopefully, this will help.

She is also a very strong girl. She loves to stand up in our laps and look around. She is very active with her eyes and loves to look around. The doctor also said that with as active and inquisitive as she is we should see her smile at us any day now. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment