Saturday, April 17, 2010

Big Baby

I know I have said it several times before but, Em is a big baby. She had her 6 month appointment on Friday. She was so funny flirting with her doctor. And, I am happy to report she only cried for about a second when she got her shots.

So, her stats...she is off the chart. Literally, she no longer fits on the growth curve. She weighs 22 lbs 6 oz and is 27 3/4 inches long. So, in the first 6 months of her life Em has grown 8 inches and gained 13 lbs. For a girl of her age, she is well above the 95th percentile. The doctor said she is the size of a one year old. I am sure she will slow down soon...I hope!

A funny little note. The other day we went to lunch with my parents to one of our favorite hamburger joints...Whole in the Wall. Whole in the Wall is not for the faint at heart. This place is as seedy looking as they come but, one of the best burgers you will ever have. Oh, and the fresh cut french fries...yum. My family has been going there for over 35 years. So the other day was Em's first time. Well, the lady behind the counter gave me a tongue lashing. She wanted to know why I didn't bring Em by when she was little. I looked at her and said she still is little. I said she was only 6 months. The lady looked at me and said, "Oh, what have you been feeding her...my burgers." I couldn't help but laugh because, Em doesn't look like a little baby anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment