Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Haircut

In the past couple of months Em's hair has been growing a lot. Her bangs had started getting into her eyes. I tried using bows and clips to keep it out of her face but, her hair isn't thick enough yet to hold the bows. Given the thickness of her parents' hair I don't think this will be an issue once it has all grown in. So, in the meantime we decided to trim her bangs. We gave the honor of her first haircut to Grandpa. Back in the day, Grandpa used to cut hair to pay for school and gas. We have had lots of hairstylist in our family. Em's Great-Granny was a beautician, Em's Grandpa had his barber's license and her Aunt Renee has a cosmetology license. So, here are some pictures of the big event.

The before shot. Waiting on Grandpa to get started.

She didn't want to sit still. This was definitely a new experience.

A little better.
My mom kept using the barber's brush to dust away the trimmings. Em got a hold of it and thought she would tickle Grandpa.
All done! I think my dad did a great job; my little Beatle. Em was squirming all over the place. And. my dad's poor back was killing him. He had to bend in weird positions to get the right angle on little Em. Thanks Grandpa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment