Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Crazy Month

We have had a crazy month. On December 20th we closed on our house or at least signed the documents. We did not fund until the 21st. So on the 21st we moved. Yes, we moved into our new house the week of Christmas. So, Christmas was crazy. We tried to give some what of a normal Christmas to Em by spending Christmas Eve at my parents.

Christmas morning was amazing!!! I brought Em down for breakfast and Gram was in the kitchen making breakfast. Thinking that she would go straight to Gram I put Em down. She took one look at Gram and one look at what Santa had brought and made a dash for Santa's goodies. We were all caught off guard. Justin was still upstairs, PawPaw was in his office. All Mom and I could do was scream hurry up!!! Em loved all her gifts. Justin and I loved that she enjoyed it all. This was Em's first Christmas where she actually enjoyed Santa and opening gifts; as opposed to the previous year when she slept through it all.

We kept Christmas going by heading down to Houston Christmas Day and spending time with Justin's family. We had Christmas dinner with Pops, Uncle Drew and Aunt Erin. Then on the 26th we headed to Grandma's house (Justin's Grandma) for a family lunch.

You are probably wondering where all the pictures are. Well, I didn't take any. I will the mom of the year award. I attribute the lack of pictures due to the fact that Em still needed help opening presents and I was busy. I know that the grandparents took lots of pictures so hopefully they will share.

After we returned from Houston, we have spent the past couple of weeks trying to put the house together. It is still a work in progress but, we are getting close. It has been an adjustment. The house is amazing and it is so nice to have so much room. Oh, and it is so nice for Justin's commute to only be 20-30 minutes. He gets home in time to play with Em while I cook dinner. We are still working on finding a church home and learning where to eat and shop. It will take time but, we will get it all figured out.

I think things are starting to settle down and hopefully, I will get better at posting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment