Friday, May 15, 2009

It's A....

GIRL!!! We had our 18 week sonogram on Friday. The little baby is so cute!!! I think Justin could stand there all day and watch the heart beat on the monitor. She was a shy little girl. She was in an odd position at first to where we couldn't tell. Then, after some prodding she moved to where we could get a good view of her and she decided to put her hand in they way. A modest little girl already! I teased Justin that we knew she was a Dillard; stubborn. After a little bit longer we finally got a good look and there she was. What a blessing. What an amazing blessing the Lord has given Justin and I.

We have decided on a name. Emeline Kay Dillard. We will call her Em. Emeline was the middle name of my mother's mom and Kay is the middle name of Justin's mom. Both Justin and I have family names and it was very important to me to carry on the tradition. Call me old fashioned or an Aggie but, I believe in Traditions.


Our next big step will be getting the nursery put together and registering. We have decided to do the nursery in primary colors (lots of reds, blues and yellows) and just about every color in between. The theme of the nursery will be animals (monkeys, dogs, frogs, etc). Although she is a girl, I don't know how much pink she will have in her room. I have never been a big fan of pink. But, I understand that as a girl she will need some pink in her life. We shall see. Only rule Justin has put on me is no glitter. He hates glitter so no glitter or sparkles in the decorations or clothing. If we don't change his mind this poor little girl might have a very dull life. I am sure the Grandmas will break the rules for the sake of this kiddo.


I really am still in complete amazement at this little person. We both can't wait to meet her. As I am typing this she is kicking up a storm. Already opinionated.

No comments:

Post a Comment