Monday, February 22, 2010

4 Months

Our sweet little Emeline is 4 months old. She amazes us everyday with how big she is (both size and strength). She is such a happy little girl. Constantly smiling, laughing and talking. I know I am biased but, I think she is such a cute little girl.

We had a very good 4 month check-up. Em had a big growth spurt between 2 months and 4 months. She weighed 18 lbs 11 oz and was 26 1/2 inches long. Keeping consistent she is in the 95th percentile for kids her age. She has almost doubled from her birth weight and has grown almost 7 inches from birth.

The doctor said she looked great and that we were doing a good job with her. Who knew, I can be a good mom! Em is still on a 4 hour schedule. She takes 2 long naps a day, about 2 1/2 hours each and then takes a shorter nap in the evening around 1 1/2 hours. I think Em might be dropping this nap soon. Although, mommy is ready for her to drop it. That is when I get dinner ready.

His only bit of advice was that we needed to start shopping for a big girl car seat. He said by 6 months she would out grow her carrier. I think I might cry the day that happens.

The doctor was also amazed with how strong she was. He couldn't believe that she was already sitting up with some help. She is such a big girl. And, my big girl almost didn't cry during her shots. She took the first one like a champ. No tears, no cry. Then she got her second shot and lost it. Just cried for a few seconds but, still no tears. Mommy and Daddy were so proud!

Here are some pictures of Em showing off her sitting skills.



About to lose it.

And, she is down for the count.

Such a happy girl.



Spitting, Em's way of talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment