Monday, February 8, 2010

Em is a Changing

We are one week away from Em turning 4 months old. I am absolutely amazed at how much she has changed in the past 4 months. She has become such a happy/social girl. She loves to smile, giggle and spit (it is much cuter than it sounds).

She truly is becoming a big girl. She loves to stand. Her favorite toy is her exersaucer at Gram and Grandpa's house. She will play in it for an hour. Grandpa gets in the floor with her and shows her what to push to make noise. She gets that saucer just a rockin. Every picture I take in it is always blurred. Guess I need to get a picture of her with the good camera instead of my iphone.

She now wants to be a part of the "party" whenever she is awake. So, she loves sitting in her high chair where she can see everything.


Em schedule has seen some adjustment as well. We are still on a 4 hour schedule but, we are down to just four bottles a day. She takes 8 oz at each feeding. Beginning last night we dropped the dream feed. Hopefully, this will last. We are on a later schedule than most but, we do so that Justin gets to spend the most time possible with her when he gets home from work. I am not complaining either. She goes to bed at 9:30 and sleeps to 8 the next morning. She still takes 3 naps although, I think she wants to drop one. She only takes 2 good naps a day and the 3rd is usually full of her going in and out of sleep. We also have taken a big step with no longer swaddling her at naps. She has done very well with it. I found that if I give her the binkie (her lovie), she holds onto it tightly and hugs it. I think it so cute! Her is a quick shot of her sleeping.
We still swaddle her at night. I am not sure if she is ready to go for a long sleep unswaddled. Maybe we will try it one weekend. That way if she has a rough night, Justin is there to help me the next day. Oh, and if you were wondering we use the Miracle Blanket. I highly recommend it. She can work her way out every now and then but, for the most part she stays tightly wrapped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment