Thursday, February 11, 2010

First Time in the Snow

Today was not the first day that it has snowed since Em was born but, today was the first time I took her out in it. I am not sure she knew what to think. We were over at my parent's house, so my dad took some pictures. I loved being out in it today. It reminded me of all the time we spent in Colorado skiing when I was little.

Daisy playing.
Shot of the backyard covered in white.

Em checking out the white stuff falling around her.

I was letting the snow fall on her face.

What is that in your hand mom?
Posting the picture of Daisy made me think of one of my fondest snow memories. When my parents lived on their 3 acres I loved when it snowed! A blanket of white surrounding us. Our dogs would run through it cutting paths and eating the snow when they needed a drink. It would be so cold out and they would run son hard they were panting and steam would rise off of them. They would even make snow balls. Yes, my dogs would make snow balls. The snow would cling to their fur and freeze into snow balls on their legs. So much fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment