Monday, November 29, 2010

House Update

It has been awhile since I posted the last house update. The house is about 3 weeks from being complete. The cabinets are in, walls are textured and painted and the brick is done as you can see in the pictures below. Justin and I are getting excited; we are so close!!! These pictures are a week old and they did get some more done the week of Thanksgiving. The front door is in (not stained), fence posts are up, tile floors are in and the drive way has been poured. They should install the counters and carpet this week.

I have started getting quotes on blinds and shutters for the house. My mom and I are going to make the valances and window seat cushion for the living room and breakfast nook. Justin and I are still picking out the fabric for these.


View of the front. I love this brick; it has so much texture.

My front porch!!!

View of the back of the house.

My bay window looking into the backyard.

View standing in the breakfast nook looking into the kitchen. Look at all those cabinets. I am going to have tons of counter space. I see many a get together and cooking in this kitchen.

As I said before, we are about three weeks away from getting our house. The bad news if you do the math that is the week before Christmas. This of course means that we will be moving over the holidays; something I said I would never do. I guess the good news is that Em is still too young to know what is going on and she is getting to experience all the holiday cheer at my mom's house. For those of you that know my mom, Christmas is in full effect at Gram's house complete with lit trees, stockings and presents wrapped.

No comments:

Post a Comment