Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year we stayed in Dallas. My Uncle Sonny came in town and we went over to my Aunt Vicki's for Thanksgiving dinner.

Em watching football with PawPaw. It looks like she is crying but, she is actually laughing.

I was so excited about this outfit and her little curl-ponytail on top of her head.

After dinner, Em went shopping. Here Aunt Vicki is going through her basket with her. Aunt Vicki, the constant teacher, was showing Em the correct pronunciation for each item.

And, she is off.

Friday morning after Thanksgiving we did meet up with Uncle Drew and Aunt Erin before the heading back to Houston. They were in town visiting Erin's family. We joined them for breakfast. I didn't get any pictures but, Em loved getting to see them again.

The Friday after Thanksgiving we went to the new Mexican restaurant in Frisco. Aggie owned and operated, Tupy's became an instant favorite of Em. They put us in this half table-half booth set-up, so Em and the men sat on one side and mom and I sat on the other. I guess this is the first time she has sat next to PawPaw during dinner. Every now and then she would reach over touch his arm and lean her head in. It just melted my heart. Oh, and in case you didn't know Mexican food is Em's favorite. While at Tupy's she ate probably 3 corn tortillas, beef fajitas, rice and two scoops of guacamole. And, she got to try sopapillas. Poor little girl was so full but, she still had a few bites. I mean who can turn down sopapillas???

This past Thanksgiving week, Houston-College Station-Dallas, really put on my heart what we are thankful for. We, are so blessed to have family and friends that love us and the opportunity to spend time with them. There are family and friends out there we haven't seen in awhile and I just want to send love to them. We miss you all and hope to see you soon. I am also very thankful for Em to have grandparents that love and dote on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment