Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Confussed Aggie

I am a confussed Aggie. You see watching all the bowl games has me a little lost. For instance, last night with the Texas Game. Like a good Texan, I rooted for the Longhorns since they're a school from my state and also in the Big XII. But, at times I felt a little shall we say dirty but then I remembered Matthew McConaughey is a Longhorn fan so it's all better :)


Matthew McConaughey at Fiesta Bowl

By the way, if you haven't heard his studio tme for the Baby Longhorn DVD, it's solid gold. http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/090308_mcconaughey.mp3

The Longhorns of course won and other than being happy for my friend Misha, I didn't really have any emotions about the outcome of the game. Then, Justin said something that wasn't all that surprising. He said, "I am sick of Texas, I am sick of being irrelevant in football since 1998". I of course agreed. And yes, all the Longhorn fans will say that we are just jealous. And, you are right we are jealous. But, in my defense I also said that, "them (t.u., OU, Nebraska, etc.) winning was good for the Big XII and ultimately good for the Aggies." By the way, sometimes I don't really believe that. Watching the All-American Game and looking at the commitments makes me a little sick to my stomach. Lots of good Texas student athletes going to each of those schools I mentioned above. A little frustrating. But, like a good Aggie I have faith in my school and in our coach.

So, congrats to the Longhorns and good luck to the Sooners. (Sorry Misha. My cousin went to OU). However, Justin hopes that Tebow and the Gators beat down OU to continue their losing streak in BCS games and b/c of Tebow committment to his faith (http://www.btea.org/aboutus.asp)!


Plus, we are now in Aggie Basketball Season. YEAH!!! Our men's team isn't ranked yet but our ladies are #3. Gig'em Ags!


Please note: I did not write this post on my own. Justin had a hand in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment