Monday, January 19, 2009

Extreme Makeover: Dillard Home Edition

Sorry, Ty is not coming to our house. We have however, decided to repaint our bedroom. Or, should I say that I have decided to repaint our bedroom. Justin is just along for the ride. This is about as extreme as I get without hiring a contractor. I have been talking about doing this for sometime. When we first moved into our house I loved the light green walls, so light and airy. However, most of our decor is not green. We have a lot of neutral colors; browns, maroons, golds, etc. So, yesterday I made Justin take me to Lowe's to use some of those gift cards from Christmas. Again, thank you everyone for those gift cards! So, we bought two gallons of paint in Dark Toast (I promise the color is prettier than it sounds), rollers, brushes, drop clothes and tape. So, each night this week I am going to try and tape off a little bit of the room so we can do all the painting on Saturday. Yeah, I am so excited. Justin on the other hand keeps telling me; "It's whatever you want to do."

So, hopefully either Saturday or Sunday I will have new pictures of our room up to view. Maybe I will run and get us new curtains as well! I still have some Christmas money left to spend!

No comments:

Post a Comment